"Education is the key • Good shooting is the result of Skills, Knowledge, & Attitude"
About James Appleby
Training at Your Facility
FOID CCL Help
Rifle Knowledge Quiz
1. Which are keys to good rifle shooting?
A. Muscle control.
B. Natural point of Aim.
C. A bone support position.
D. A & B
E. B & C
2. 165 grain, FMJ, 30-06 on an ammunition box means?
A. 165 grains of powder, full metal jacket bullet and 30-06 cartridge.
B. 165 grains of powder, force metal jacket bullet and 30-06 cartridge.
C. 165 grain bullet weight, full metal jacket bullet and 30-06 cartridge.
D. 165 grains of powder, force metal jacket bullet and .30 inch bullet with a number 6 case.
3. A rifle sling is used to?
A. Carry your rifle.
B. Balances the rifle.
C. Stabilize the rifle while shooting.
D. A & B
E. A & C
4. FMJ bullets are ideal for hunting?
5. A .22 long rifle can travel how far if fired on an upward trajectory?
A. 200 yards.
B. 1000 yards.
C. 1.5 miles.
D. 15 miles.
6. Which rifle action is considered the most reliable and accurate?
A. Hinge (aka Break action).
B. Lever action.
C. Bolt action.
D. Falling Block.
7. The greater the magnification of a rifle scope, the smaller the field of vision.
8. If a rifle barrel is stamped 1/10 after the caliber designation means?
A. The riffling turns the bullet 10 times through the barrel.
B. The gun should be cleaned after every 10 shots.
C. Turns the bullet one full revolution every 10 inches of barrel.
D. Indicates the barrel hardness.
9. When training for hunting it is best to.
A. Practice using only a solid bench rest position to guarantee accuracy.
B. Practice field positions such as kneeling and standing.
C. Practice with only the gun and ammunition you hunt with.
D. Practice in good conditions to ensure quality training.
10. Which statement is most accurate?
A. Upon firing a shot the breath should be let out halfway then paused.
B. The trigger should be pulled as quick and smooth as possible.
C. The rifle should be held tight to control recoil.
D. The breathing should be stopped at the natural respiratory pause while shooting.
© 2021 LRN2shoot, Inc.